All of our properties use a green electricity supplier generating power from a sustainable renewable source and our Restormel Manor and LLwynywermod cottages have biomass boilers powered by carbon-neutral wood chips. Our Barngate and Loskeyle cottages are warmed by air source heat pumps.
Cottages feature a mixture of antique and contemporary furniture, with recycled materials used in ingenious ways. Attractive lamp bases were once rollers used by wallpaper manufacturers, mirrors sit in frames made from timber off-cuts, and coffee tables have been made from old plan chests. Fabrics are predominantly organic linen and all bedding is made from the finest Egyptian cotton.
Recycling and composting facilities are available at all of our holiday cottages. You’ll also find a range of environmentally friendly cleaning products, including washing powder, detergent, dishwasher tablets and degradable bin liners.
- To promote sustainable tourism that positively contributes to the local economy, meeting the needs of visitors, businesses and local communities.
- To champion local products and services and provide quality employment opportunities.
- To choose recycled and biodegradable products wherever possible.
- To promote good environmental practice.
- To retain and enhance our unique properties in line with best conservation practice.