- In line with the guidelines provided by the trade association PASC UK we have conducted a detailed Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- We will continually review our Risk Assessment to take into account any changes in guidelines or legislation.
The Duchy takes great pride in the quality of its housekeeping and always seeks to present the properties to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. However, a range of additional specific measures have been introduced in the current circumstances.
- Management have completed training in Covid-19 Holiday Let Cleaning Protocols and in-house training have been undertaken with our housekeeping team on standards as defined in our cleaning protocol and checklist.
- During each changeover, we will adopt a strict two-phase, deep clean, and disinfection regime which follows industry-standard cleaning protocols.
- Safe and effective disinfectant and cleaning solutions will be used during the cleaning process. These comply with European standards EN1276 and EN14476.
- We will wear appropriate PPE during the cleaning regime and use a cleaning checklist for quality assurance and verification. The completed cleaning checklist will be checked by management.
- We provide appropriate cleaning materials within the property for you to use during your stay.
- We will not be able to offer refreshes for multiple week stays, any usual topped up consumables will be left on arrival with a change of linen and towels. Please leave dirty linen and towels outside to be collected on the seventh day of your stay. If you are staying or book multiple weeks a deduction or refund of £60 will be made two weeks before your arrival.
- We have been advised to remove as many non-essential items as possible from the cottages. This means that some decorative cushions and throws, ornaments, paper information leaflets, toys, games, DVD’S, etc. have been removed. Where possible, we would advise you to bring alternative entertainment with you. We have also removed some non-essential kitchen consumables such as kitchen foil and Clingfilm.
Expectations on Arrival and Departure
All of the relevant access for your stay information will be sent to you prior to your arrival so that you will be able to access the cottages without needing to meet us on arrival.
The revised standard check-in time is now not before 5pm to allow the cleaning staff sufficient time to safely and thoroughly deep clean, disinfect and ventilate each cottage ready for your arrival. The revised departure time is 9.30am. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to allow guests to drop off or leave luggage between these times.
On departure, we would be most grateful for your cooperation in carrying out some simple housekeeping tasks for the safety of the cleaning staff and future guests.
- Please strip sheets from the beds and leave them at the bottom of each bed.
- Leave all towels in bathrooms.
- Remove all food and dispose in the bin.
- Empty kitchen and bathroom bins and dispose into outside bins.
- Open windows prior to departure.
- Please make sure that the dishwasher is not in a cycle for departure, we now need to wash all kitchen items between stays, this will ensure that the housekeepers can start loading as soon as they arrive.
During your stay
- Please follow government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene while staying with us, and observe any signage and instructions in place to help reduce the risk of Covid-19.
- Barbecues- each cottage will have an allocated barbecue, where stored in a communal store, barbecues will be labeled for each cottage and we ask that you use the labeled barbecue for your cottage. Guests are asked to clean the barbecue before and after use and to leave it in their allocated garden until changeover, where it will be re-cleaned, sanitised, and returned to the store.
- Log stores- Please follow social distancing guidelines when collecting logs from a communal store, there is a cart that can be used to transport logs to and from your cottage. Please use the virucidal spray provided in your cottage to wipe the equipment before and after use.
- Refuse – please use clear plastic bags for recycling and black refuse sacks for general waste, where there is a communal bin store please follow social distancing guidelines and follow government guidelines for hygiene.
Leisure Facilities, Play Areas, Tennis Courts and Games Room
We have opened the swimming pool at Restormel Manor and are following government guidelines. We are operating a booking system and bookings can be made in the week leading up to your stay. The holiday cottage team will contact you with more details and we ask that bookings are not requested before this.
In order for the pool to open safely to the government guidelines we have had to adopt a new range of measures, we ask that you please bear with us - more information can be found here.
The play area at Loskeyle and Restormel are open and we ask that guests follow the guidelines -
Please help us minimise transmission of the virus by doing the following;
- Please wipe equipment down before and after use with wipes provided.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Pay particular attention to high touchpoints such as swings, exercise bars and slides.
- Dispose of wipes in the bin provided.
- Observe good hand hygiene and sanitise before entering the play area, and again on leaving.
- Please adhere to current government guidance on social distancing at all times.
- Please do not enter if the facility appears busy, and avoid equipment that is already occupied.
- Children should be supervised carefully to maintain good hygiene and to ensure children wait their turn to use equipment where it is safe to do so.
- Avoid shouting, touching faces and mouths. Sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available. Dispose of all tissues in the bin provided.
- Do not eat food, drink or smoke in the play area.
If you have any safety concerns to do with the equipment contact: Tel 01579 533463
The games room at Restormel Manor will also remain closed until further notice. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Tennis Courts at Restormel
The tennis courts at Restormel remain open, guests are asked to bring their own equipment and follow the below guidelines -
- Net will be maintained at the appropriate height to avoid players having to adjust net winders.
- Gates will be tied open.
- Communal tennis rackets and balls will not be available and guests are advised to bring their own equipment.
- Signs to remind guests to social distance and to follow hygiene guidelines will be in place.
- Players must wait outside the courts and only enter when the courts have been vacated by the previous users.
- Players must wash their hands with a gel sanitiser before entering the courts. Due to the nature of the site players will need to provide their own gel sanitiser.