- In line with the guidelines provided by the trade association PASC UK we have conducted a detailed Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- We will continually review our Risk Assessment to take into account any changes in guidelines or legislation.
The Duchy takes great pride in the quality of its housekeeping and always seeks to present the properties to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. However, a range of additional specific measures have been introduced in the current circumstances.
Expectations on Arrival and Departure
All of the relevant access for your stay information will be sent to you prior to your arrival so that you will be able to access the cottages without needing to meet us on arrival.
The revised standard check-in time is now not before 5pm to allow the cleaning staff sufficient time to safely and thoroughly deep clean, disinfect and ventilate each cottage ready for your arrival. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to allow guests to drop off or leave luggage between these times.
On departure, we would be most grateful for your cooperation in carrying out some simple housekeeping tasks for the safety of the cleaning staff and future guests.
- Leave all towels in bathrooms.
- Remove all food and dispose in the bin.
- Empty kitchen and bathroom bins and dispose into outside bins.
- Open windows prior to departure.
- Please make sure that the dishwasher is not in a cycle for departure, we now need to wash all kitchen items between stays, this will ensure that the housekeepers can start loading as soon as they arrive.
Leisure Facilities, Play Areas, Tennis Courts and Games Room
We have opened the swimming pool at Restormel Manor and are following government guidelines. We are operating a booking system and bookings can be made in the week leading up to your stay. The holiday cottage team will contact you with more details and we ask that bookings are not requested before this.
In order for the pool to open safely to the government guidelines we have had to adopt a new range of measures, we ask that you please bear with us - more information can be found here.
The play area at Loskeyle and Restormel are open and we ask that guests follow the guidelines -
Please help us minimise transmission of the virus by doing the following;
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Pay particular attention to high touchpoints such as swings, exercise bars and slides.
- Observe good hand hygiene and sanitise before entering the play area, and again on leaving.
- Please adhere to current government guidance on social distancing at all times.
- Please do not enter if the facility appears busy, and avoid equipment that is already occupied.
- Children should be supervised carefully to maintain good hygiene and to ensure children wait their turn to use equipment where it is safe to do so.
- Avoid shouting, touching faces and mouths. Sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available. Dispose of all tissues in the bin provided.
- Do not eat food, drink or smoke in the play area.
The games room at Restormel Manor is open with guidance in place.
One cottage in the games room at one time on a first-come, first-served basis.
We would like to ask that you follow a fair use policy of 40 minutes per session.
Tennis Courts at Restormel
The tennis courts at Restormel remain open, guests are asked to bring their own equipment and follow the below guidelines -
- Net will be maintained at the appropriate height to avoid players having to adjust net winders.
- Gates will be tied open.
- Communal tennis rackets and balls will not be available and guests are advised to bring their own equipment.
- Signs to remind guests to social distance and to follow hygiene guidelines will be in place.
- Players must wait outside the courts and only enter when the courts have been vacated by the previous users.
- Players must wash their hands with a gel sanitiser before entering the courts. Due to the nature of the site players will need to provide their own gel sanitiser.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to make your holiday possible. Despite these new requirements, we will endeavour to make your holiday as pleasurable as possible and if you have any queries regarding these issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us.