The Duchy of Cornwall aim to make our holiday cottages as environmentally friendly as possible. All our cottages use a Green Electricity supplier generating power from a sustainable renewable source and our Restormel Manor and LLwynywermod cottages have bio mass boilers using woodchip which is carbon neutral.
Our aims are:
- To promote sustainable tourism which will positively contribute to the local economy, meeting the needs of visitors, business and local communities.
- Purchase local products and services and provide quality part and full time employment opportunities.
- Purchase recycled and bio degradable products wherever possible.
- To promote good environmental practice.
- Retain and enhance some unique properties ensuring best conservation practice is observed.
All our cottages are furnished with a mixture of antique and contemporary furniture with recycled materials used in a variety of ingenious ways. Attractive lamp bases were formerly rollers used by wallpaper manufacturers, mirrors have frames made from timber off cuts, coffee tables have been made from old plan chests.
Our fabrics are predominantly organic linen and all bedding is made from finest Egyptian cotton.
Recycling and composting facilities are available at all our holiday cottages.
We provide a range of environmentally friendly cleaning products including washing powder, detergent, dishwasher tablets, degradable bin liners etc.